Thursday, September 12, 2013

It's been awhile

Long time no talk, eh?

I read "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold years ago and soon after read her memoir "Lucky". I remember reading an interview she had given where she stated she had the idea for "Lovely Bones" but every time she sat down to write she ended up writing her story which later became "Lucky". She had to get her story out so that she could write "The Lovely Bones" they way that she wanted without influence from her personal story.

I haven't written because I haven't wanted to share my story. And I haven't been able to write anything but. I don't know how to describe what's been going on with me. But it has been the biggest struggle of my life to date. This event in my life has forced me to re-evaluate my life up to this point and ultimately reexamine who I thought I was and who I think I am. "Heavy" as Marty McFly would say.

I really hate cryptic FB posts. I always think, "Just say what the hell you're thinking or what you're talking about or don't post!" And I realize I am doing the very thing that I hate.

I just wanted some sort of explanation for being a terrible friend. This original post was simply going to be an apology. I have not been a good friend. I have not responded to texts or phone calls or emails, I have not met up with you, I have not seen your show, or been a supportive friend in any way other than I think about you. I pray for you. I miss you. And I feel guilt all of the time for leaving you high and dry. Not saying ya'll can't go on without me...but I miss being a part of your life.
But I felt the need to give a vague, washed out explanation. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to share completely what these past 9-12 months have been to me. Save a few close friends. But please accept my apology. I went into protection mode. Hibernation.

I'm coming out of it slowly. I auditioned for the first time in about a year. It feels good to have that part of me back. It's just a small, community theatre production of Spamalot but I'm really enjoying myself and that's what matters.

I hope to write again soon. I really do love it. If people actually read it that's a bonus. But this past year the only way I've felt I could express myself is writing. And I'm grateful for it.

I hope you are all well. I love you and wish you the best.
I'm leaving you with a song that has become my anthem. It's not a very interesting video but you can just listen if you'd like!




4 comments:

  1. hello Molly! I actually do check out your blog! I'm sorry you've been going through such a rough period, and I would just say, hang in there, and know that you'll come through. I know that seems cliche, but I truly believe life is about ladders and plateaus. We go through climbing periods and then we plateau. And sometimes plateaus turn out to be these really rough obstacle courses, and other times they stretch out ahead of us like a bleak, and desert-like expanse of land. If there's anything I can ever do to help, please let me know. Happy to lend just a listening ear if that's needed. Hugs and blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I believe that as well. It's tough when you're wondering how long the plataue will be. But we all have our struggles and I try to remember to be grateful for all that I have. Which is a lot. And thanks for letting me know who it is! I wasn't sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep writing. You're a really good writer and you have people that want to read it. I love you and look forward to seeing you next time...whenever that is. Thanks for introducing me to this great song!!

    ReplyDelete